Be Aware!

Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide is an odourless, colourless gas produced by incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood and coal. The gas is harmful because it displaces oxygen from red blood cells, resulting in damage to major organs. For more information on Carbon Monoxide poisoning and how to avoid a Carbon Monoxide leak please visit the Gas Safe Register website for more information www.gassaferegister.co.uk

Gas Leak?

If you can smell gas and suspect a gas leak you can call the National Gas Helpline on 0800 111 999 at any time. Your call is free and you will be put through to a trained operator who will take all the details. If you are deaf or hearing impaired and have a Minicom or Textphone the number to call is 0800 371 787

*All calls to the National Gas Emergency Service and National Enquiry lines may be recorded and monitored

For more detailed information visit the National Gas Helpline at www.gashelpline.co.uk