Air Source Heat Pumps
Air source heat pumps (ASHP’s) absorb heat from the outside air. This heat can then be used to heat radiators, underfloor heating systems, or warm air convectors and hot water in your home. They are more cost effective for the customer and often simpler to install.
Air source heat pumps work by taking heat from the air and absorbing it at a low temperature and turning it into a fluid. The fluid then passes through a compressor where its temperature is increased, and transfers its higher temperature heat to the heating and hot water circuits of the house.
The benefits of installing Air source heat pumps are:
- Lower fuel bills, especially if you are replacing conventional electric heating
- Potential income through the UK government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Lower home carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing
- No fuel deliveries needed
- Can heat your home as well as your water
- Minimal maintenance required
- Can be easier to install than a ground source heat pump.
For more information on the installation of Air source heat pumps please contact us on:
Tel: 07538 677546